Ghetto - Ghetto Gospel



I've got to say, I like Ghetto. There's a lot of talk about whether he's repping Grime or UK Hip Hop but I feel this is irrelevant. The main thing is that he is making good UK music. I bought Ghetto Gospel after hearing 'Top 3 selected' and the remix that followed. My opinion is that this mixtape was one of the best releases this year alongside Tinchy Stryders 'Star In The Hood', Wileys 'Playtime Is Over ' and Skeptas 'Greatest Hits '. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fully paid up member of the grime club but am an overall fan of real UK street music. I've followed Ghetto since his days in Nasty Crew and was genuinely excited when I first heard him spit on Kano's Typical me and Mic Check remix so I feel qualified enough to provide my opinion on his productions. His style is unique amongst many so called mc's within grime, hitting your eardrums with real venom, each syllable almost over pronounced as if he beleives your not getting the message. Some people see himself and The Movement as 'bait hip hop' but personally, I feel that he is the future of grime alongside Skepta, JME and Tinchy Stryder.

Check my video selector and click on Mercston's Good Old Days to see why I rate Ghetto so highly. Alternativley, goto www.myspace.com/ghettomc

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    What in the blazes is "bait hip hop"? It seems a most absurd term.